Friday, August 31, 2007

Vacation

I will be going away on vacation for 10 days. The next time you will hear from me should be the night of September 9th.

The traffic reports for this blog tell me that many readers are college students. I would like to welcome those students back to the blog.

While I am away, if you are looking for something interesting to read, I had an interesting discussion with a few members of the studio audience over the relationship between beliefs, desires, and value. That exchange started on August 8th with Potential versus Actual Desires and ended on August 21st.

The comments in this case are particularly worth reading.

Also, last year, I was writing a series of posts on the weekends covering the Beyond Belief 2006 conference. This conference was attended by a number of excellent thinkers such as Paul and Patricia Churchland, Richard Dawkins, and Neil deGrasse Tyson. I wrote a posting about every presentation given at the conference.

The June 6th post, Beyond Belief 2006: Summary contains a link to each of the posts tied to that series.

In the mean time, please feel free to help yourself to some chocolate and Diet Dr. Pepper. You're free to talk among yourselves in the comments section. I have over 700 posts for you to browse through, or you can use the search feature to find subjects that interest you.

I will see you when I get back.

Alonzo Fyfe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward every morning to reading your posts. I guess you could say I have a strong desire to read your comments on ethics and morality. I'm sure there are a vast number of other readers who eagerly anticipate your posts every morning. Just think how many of our desires your vacation will thwart!

Oh well. I'm sure we will survive somehow. :>) Enjoy your well deserved hiatus.

Martin Freedman said...

Have a nice break and wishing your wife a speedy recovery from the accident.